Issue with creating groups with the domain or workgroup name

Hi,

There seams the be an issue with creating groups with the domain or workgroup name.

When creating a group we are not allowed for duplicate name. Here is what i'm trying to do, but unable because of the "Duplicate Not Allowed" feature.

(TREE): 
Network
|_NorthAmerica
 |_USA
|_WORKGROUP
|_MSHOME
|_CompanyDomain.com
 |_Canada
|_WORKGROUP
|_MSHOME
|_CompanyDomain.com
 |_Mexico
|_WORKGROUP
|_MSHOME
|_CompanyDomain.com

Is there an option to enable me to setup my group Tree the way i want?

Thanks in advance

Rick

The issue is not because of coincidence with the domain or workgroup name. This is because the program relies on the uniqueness of the group name for some internal reasons. This uniqueness is obviously checked throughout the whole tree. So if a group named "WORKGROUP" (only for example) already exists, it will not be possible to create another group with such name. We are going to fix this in future versions to allow the structure you have mentioned.

The issue is not because of coincidence with the domain or workgroup name. This is because the program relies on the uniqueness of the group name for some internal reasons. This uniqueness is obviously checked throughout the whole tree. So if a group named "WORKGROUP" (only for example) already exists, it will not be possible to create another group with such name. We are going to fix this in future versions to allow the structure you have mentioned.

Do you know of any workaround in mean time ?

Its currently giving me a lot of trouble when loading new data files.

Rick

Yes, in the meantime you can name the groups this way (for example):

Network
|_NorthAmerica
 |_USA
|_US-WORKGROUP
|_US-MSHOME
|_US-CompanyDomain.com
 |_Canada
|_CA-WORKGROUP
|_CA-MSHOME
|_CA-CompanyDomain.com
 |_Mexico
|_MX-WORKGROUP
|_MX-MSHOME
|_MX-CompanyDomain.com

That is, include country code before or after the name of the group to make it unique.

Then use this tool which we have created just now: Groupseditor to import the files to the specific group. With this tool you don't need to copy the files to the data folder or press "Refresh data storage folder", it will take care of that itself. You can use it with the program running in background (but not in scan process), and when you have done the import just press the button "Refresh tree" on the small toolbar above the network tree and you'll see the newly imported nodes.

However, due to the current internal restrictions, computer names should be also unique, otherwise they will not be added or will overwrite each other.