Can you install Total Network Inventory on a Memory Stick

I was wondering I have the MSP Lic and I was wondering could I put Total Network Inventory on a Memory Stick and run it.

This would serve 2 purposes one I could walk in to a customer and use one of their machines to do my inventory and second it would keep things neat and seporate I would keep each customer on their own stick.

So can it be done?

I was wondering I have the MSP Lic and I was wondering could I put Total Network Inventory on a Memory Stick and run it.

This would serve 2 purposes one I could walk in to a customer and use one of their machines to do my inventory and second it would keep things neat and seporate I would keep each customer on their own stick.

So can it be done?

Hi,

Yes you can.

When you setup the standalone audit tool, all you need is to copy the tniaudit.exe and tniaudit.ini and just drop it on your USB key. then just create a "data" folder and you are done.

Then you just run tniaudit.exe from the USB key and it will do the audit and save the results under the data folder on your usb key.

Rick

If you are talking about installing the full application of TNI on a USB stick, again, yes you can.

BUT, you'll get error messages about the relative path of the data folder which you might or will get when you run TNI on each computers.

Unless you make sure that the usb key gets the same drive letter on each computers.

Rick

Yes you can.

When you setup the standalone audit tool, all you need is to copy the tniaudit.exe and tniaudit.ini and just drop it on your USB key. then just create a "data" folder and you are done.

Then you just run tniaudit.exe from the USB key and it will do the audit and save the results under the data folder on your usb key.

This is a good solution for the purpose of scanning non-networked or standalone computers, but too much work to inventory a whole network, because tniaudit.exe scans only local PC which you run it on.

If you are talking about installing the full application of TNI on a USB stick, again, yes you can.

BUT, you'll get error messages about the relative path of the data folder which you might or will get when you run TNI on each computers.

Unless you make sure that the usb key gets the same drive letter on each computers.

Yes, it is possible in this way. It is only necessary to copy the installed program on a flash disk. And if the path in "Options - Storage" is set to "Data", then there will be no error messages because the path is relative. However, any time the program is run on a new machine, it will ask for the license key and will leave traces in the registry. A workaround to this will be offered to MSP license holders, but not publically.