Monitor Serial Number not available

I have a new TNI 1.6.8 and create a custim tab report so i can view all the hardware related devices and of course to verify its serial number specially for LCD monitor. Generating the report i notice that if your VideoAdapter use ConfigMgr Remote Control Driver the serial will show on th ereport. If i check the device manager I see two or three monitor drivers but if i view then using the built-in report VIDEOSystem Information Report its available. Is there any way i can manage to generate the LCD Monitor Serial Number in a Tabular Report (also for those Dual LCD monitor users) so it will be easy for me to do the inventory?

In the custom tabular reports there is such field as "Monitor S/N". Unfortunately at the moment it shows only the serial number for the first monitor it founds. In addition, there are some problems with correct detection of dual monitors on different systems, so there may be one monitor where there are actually two, or there may be two monitors, but the first of them is a dummy (without EDID information or incorrect EDID), and thus the serial number field for it is empty. All these issues are already fixed, but this fix will be available with the release of the next version (2.0).

Unfortunately there are no workarounds. A complete fix is required. It was imlemented recently in the new version (that is in development now), but it would be problematic to port it back to current version (the code is not backwardly compatible). We plan to get this version released by the end of this year.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately there are no workarounds. A complete fix is required. It was imlemented recently in the new version (that is in development now), but it would be problematic to port it back to current version (the code is not backwardly compatible). We plan to get this version released by the end of this year.

on our dual screen systems it shows the ###### mode wrong (resolution from monitor 1 is shown at monitor 2)

also often the system writes the VNC Display Hook driver.

• 1 month later...

I have to ask, is a new version going to be released?