Failed scan/execution - Not a valid Win32 application

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to do a scan on machines in our network:

Scan failed: SMB: %1 is not a valid Win32 application; SNMP: Incorrect community or SNMP not available

Also I have copied the tniwinagent.exe to the machine and when I try running it I get the following error:

C:\TNI\tniwinagent.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I compared the .exe files and are the same as in the computer where TNI is installed.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Lucinda Fernandes

It is totally understandable. We are trying to upgrade those machines but wanted to get a full view of the current status of the network machines first. If we were to purchase the Pro version of TNI (100 nodes) would be able to get a older copy of the application that would be able to do scans for those machines ? Once we upgraded them, then we could run the newer version of TNI.

We haven`t faced such a situation. However, we can try to find a solution. 

Please write us at support@softinventive.com with a citation to this thread. We will send you a download link with the old TNI version that you try to install and test. If that works then a purchase discussion can be made further.