Getting Data file was not generated on some scans

I cannot use WMI because of access issues (seems to be a group policy setting, but after researching and troubleshooting for 2 months, gave up) That's why I bought this program, because of the agent capability.

All the systems are WinXP

Just checked the progress again, and MANY data file not generated errors.

I need this program to just work - I have a project that MUST be completed tomorrow. The demo worked fine on the 10-15 machines I ran it on, now with the registered version, seems to be working only halfway!

The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.

Thanks, we know about this and working on it.

Can you note a computer that shows error "Data file was not generated"? Try to do the following: go to "File - Options - Connection - Traffic and time saving options" and uncheck the option "Keep deployed files for future use", then scan a computer which showed such error. It's possible that files on remote computer are corrupted somewhy and unchecking this option forces the program to overwrite them disregarding files version.

OK, I am still getting this error with ONE client!! (out of 90) Any ideas??

Does it differ anyhow from other workstations? This error can happen if the agent doesn't run normally and thus doesn't save the data file. In the end, one machine can be scanned manually by running "tniaudit.exe" locally. This way you can also check if it actually runs without problems.

Does it differ anyhow from other workstations? This error can happen if the agent doesn't run normally and thus doesn't save the data file. In the end, one machine can be scanned manually by running "tniaudit.exe" locally. This way you can also check if it actually runs without problems.

OK, tried running the tniaudit.exe file manually, got an Access Denied - user is a local admin.

OK, tried running the tniaudit.exe file manually, got an Access Denied - user is a local admin.

Did you run it locally under local admin account?

If tniaudit.exe is run without a configuration INI file near it, then by default it tries to create a "Data" folder and save the data file there. Check if this user have rights to create folders and files in the directory where tniaudit.exe was run from. And also, it should not be a read-only media for the same reasons.

Are you able to scan this computer with agent-free method? Because the main program has means to see actual error, that is the reason why the scan is interrupted, while tniaudit.exe cannot do this.

I am unable to use WMI, that is why I got an inventory program with an agent. I'm going to try a repair install of WinXP to see if it will clear up.

• 2 weeks later...