Software Compliance Report

Hi-

I'm currently doing an eval on the software to track and monitor our software purchases and installations but i'm having some issues with the report side, hopefully i can explain.

I've done a scan on 9 machines to test against, I've gone in to the software accounting tab, listed the software as commercial, freeware etc., and assigned some licenses to a couple of the software packages (merged most in to one software product).

Under the reports table, I've tried to define the following:

Asset - Full Name - Software Title - Software Publisher - Version - Install Date 

But I can't find any place to add in the software categories of Commercial, licensed etc., as i'm not interested in a report of all "freeware/Updates" etc.

I've tried to do the same in the software area but I can't seem to be able to add the other columns I listed.

I hope this makes sense and it's something that we can do, i'm really impressed with the software.

Regards,

Dave

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your message.

Please note that Software accounting is an independent tab that has its own database. Changing or adding infromation on this tab doesn't affect the information on other tabs.

Therefore, the "Type" field is not available in Table reports. This field is only available in the Report builder in Software accounting.

We know that the Report builder in Software accounting has limited functionality in the current TNI version. We are planning to improve it in future updates.

Please let us know if you have any questions.