duplicated records of computers / duplicate NETBios name - FQDN

I am facing an issue with duplicated entry of some computers. The TNI shows them with NetBios name as Laptop, FQDN entry is shown as classic PC in a box. in some of the cases FQDN record is scanned correctly and Netbios version of record not and vice versa. 

Also some of computers that have W7 installed cannot be accessed. Even If used all steps in FAQ. Manually change of registry entry's UAC completely disabled (not by our company rules), trying with Domain admin account, local admin account,.... Please help. 

And another question would be: When i select "Sync with AD". What is actually happening? Are the records copied from DNS or where? 

Thanks

>I am facing an issue with duplicated entry of some computers. The TNI shows them with NetBios name as Laptop, FQDN entry is shown as classic PC in a box. in some of the cases FQDN record is scanned correctly and Netbios version of record not and vice versa.

Please note that FQDN entries are displayed only for assets that weren’t successfully scanned (semi-transparent PC icon and long domain name in the network tree), while NetBios names are displayed for assets that were successfully scanned (full-color icon and short name). Duplicates may appear depending on the Distinguish assets setup of your TNI storage. The Distinguish assets option determines under what condition your devices will be merged in the network tree. Right-click the root node of your storage and open its Properties. There you’ll find the Distinguish assets option under the Scan settings category. Try deleting the unsuccessfully scanned placeholder and switching this option.

>Also some of computers that have W7 installed cannot be accessed. Even If used all steps in FAQ. Manually change of registry entry's UAC completely disabled (not by our company rules), trying with Domain admin account, local admin account,.... Please help.

Please check the following for one of the problematic Windows 7 computers using the same credentials as you specified in TNI:
- is it possible to open \\computername\admin$ folder in the Explorer? (To access the admin$ folder on the other computer)
- is it possible to access "computername" from the services.msc ? (Right-click - Connect to another computer)

>And another question would be: When i select "Sync with AD". What is actually happening? Are the records copied from DNS or where?

The Synchronize with AD option accesses your Active Directory directly and allows you to automatically transfer the Ogranizational Units tree, which can be seen in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" applet, to your network tree.

Thanks for provided tips. The duplicates were solved to some %. 

Also it is more clear about different icons.

Let me ask you what happens When computer is scanned and it says Scan finished. And it stays like this like for days unless if i manual stop scan.

Regarding access some W7 computers. They are all in domain and my credentials are Domain admin group. also i can locally login with them with no problems.

>Let me ask you what happens When computer is scanned and it says Scan finished. And it stays like this like for days unless if i manual stop scan.

Please let us know if you are using the latest version of Total Network Inventory (3.2.5), we fixed a few problems like that a while ago.

On 2/12/2016 at 11:28 AM, Alex said:

>Let me ask you what happens When computer is scanned and it says Scan finished. And it stays like this like for days unless if i manual stop scan.

Please let us know if you are using the latest version of Total Network Inventory (3.2.5), we fixed a few problems like that a while ago.

Sorry for this question but i see that this scan finished is completing scan. 

How TNI update the IP? i have a laptop that was using on ip on Wifi but DNS record was deleted. Now PC was connected to LAN card and has different IP. And when i rescan, reping the same PC it stays with first WIFI IP that is nor relevant anymore. I also deleted this PC from TNI tree and rescan AD and it showd up again with OLD IP

>How TNI update the IP? i have a laptop that was using on ip on Wifi but DNS record was deleted. Now PC was connected to LAN card and has different IP. And when i rescan, reping the same PC it stays with first WIFI IP that is nor relevant anymore. I also deleted this PC from TNI tree and rescan AD and it showd up again with OLD IP

Total Network Inventory updates IP addresses upon each successful scan/rescan. You need to rescan this laptop to update the information. Please note that AD synchronization doesn’t update the collected information, it only imports the OU structure. Right-click this PC in the network tree and click Rescan, and then click the Start scan button on the right. In addition, please make sure that the “Fixed IP address” checkbox is not ticked in the properties of this PC (right-click in the network tree - Properties).