TNI questions

Hi,

I have several questions.

1)

I have list of already scanned computers. But if I change IP of some PC, this information is not changed after new scan in the list till the time I click on preferences and make "resolve host name" or "IP address" button.

2) How can I deleted old computers from the list ? Scanner is just adding new, but I need delete old one sometimes.

I can click on delete, but it makes nothing.

edit, I posted also pictures, but forum didnt use them and delete them from my post :-(

1) I have list of already scanned computers. But if I change IP of some PC, this information is not changed after new scan in the list till the time I click on preferences and make "resolve host name" or "IP address" button.

This is a behaviour by design. I think we will improve it in one of the next updates.

2) How can I deleted old computers from the list ? Scanner is just adding new, but I need delete old one sometimes.

I can click on delete, but it makes nothing.

Right-click a computer and choose "Delete", or choose "Show in Explorer" and delete the .inv file manually. This should work as long as you have enough permissions on the files and folders involved.

1. I dont see there printers, or switches like in another programs. TNT doesnt support this ?

edit, I find them now :-)

I can not find thier S/N and some fields are empty (especially in network printers), like "job count since last visit",

2. In list of snapshots for computer, is there possible to look on historical data... for example now there is computer with 1GB RAM, but last week there was just 1GB RAM so am I able to see this in old snapshot ?

3. Purchasing license for maybe 250 nods means that it is technically blocked for 250 nods or it is just license problem ? Nods are online assets or every assets list list of TNT assets even that which doesnt exist (are just old record) ?

4. I cant find some email notification settings in TNT, is there something like this ? Notification about changes in assets or so.

Edited by ludovit8

1. I dont see there printers, or switches like in another programs. TNT doesnt support this ?

edit, I find them now :-)

I can not find thier S/N and some fields are empty (especially in network printers), like "job count since last visit",

TNI finds any network equipment that has an IP address (printers, routers, etc), so switches that don't have an IP are not found.

Is your last question about network printers or local shared printers (connected to computers)? Only the latter have the field "Job count". The serial number is not reported by the hardware, as to our knowledge, and WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) does not have such field for printers. The "Job count" field may be zero because it's updated not so often, but I'm not sure. We get all data from WMI.

2. In list of snapshots for computer, is there possible to look on historical data... for example now there is computer with 1GB RAM, but last week there was just 1GB RAM so am I able to see this in old snapshot ?

Yes, this is what snapshots are for - to look on historical data. You will be able to see the old value in the old snapshot.

3. Purchasing license for maybe 250 nods means that it is technically blocked for 250 nods or it is just license problem ? Nods are online assets or every assets list list of TNT assets even that which doesnt exist (are just old record) ?

The number of nodes is the maximum number of assets that you can have in your storage at a time. A node is any asset that is present in the storage, either old or new.

4. I cant find some email notification settings in TNT, is there something like this ? Notification about changes in assets or so.

There is no change tracking and no email notifications yet. We plan to add such functions later.

On 10/25/2011 at 11:57 AM, Zak said:

The serial number is not reported by the hardware, as to our knowledge, and WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) does not have such field for printers.

I dont know how it works, but freeware spiceworks is able to give me that data about SN :-(. Even status of toner !

Yes, this is what snapshots are for - to look on historical data. You will be able to see the old value in the old snapshot.

how can I make old snadshop active to see old data ? I see that just option for delete and so, but there is not sth like "view".

Your question was confusing. You asked about the field "Job count since last restart" — this field is only available when you scan a computer and there is a printer connected to it via LPT or USB (not standalone network printer). In this case there is no way to get its serial number.
But if we talk about a printer that is connected to the network directly, there is a possibility to scan it via SNMP. Spiceworks does this more comprehensively than we do, so they are able to extract more information. But we are going to add support for deeper SNMP scan in the future.

As to your second question, please refer to the user manual. The "view" for snapshots is on the "Viewer & reports" tab (on the screenshot it is called "View details", it's outdated a bit).

thx. (I understand that about job count before, so I continue in last post just about SN question...)

And if you are talking about "future", how long it can be, couple of months, or more than half year ?

You know I am thinking about buying your product to company, so I would like know fast are you making upgrades :-)