TNI 2 - oem-keys appears in software

Hello,

we have the problem that oem-keys from windows are being shown as normal keys. This means the softwarelist is useless for us because it shows us -34 keys. Is there a way to hide or select these keys as oem-keys so they wont appear in software? I tried to create a folder where i move the oem-keys but this didnt work.

Best Regards,

Tobias Heine

Hello, Tobias!

The current version of software does not have any notion of difference between "normal" and "oem" keys. And there's no such distinction planned. The only two kinds of keys TNI recognizes are: auto-detected keys and manually added keys. The primer could not be removed: the very next rescan will get them back anyway.

As far as I understood from your message, oem-keys and 'normal' keys are both auto-detected, so they can't be removed, but you need part of them to be ignored during the balance calculation. Did I get it right?

Also, could you be more specific about the oem-keys? What exactly is their difference from the normal ones?

Hello Miri,

thank you for the fast reply.

You are right, because of the oem-keys our balance didnt work. The oem-keys arent different from the normal keys but appears often. so we have 20 times the same key. So it will be shown as one key who is used 20 times. oem-keys are serials from microsoft for pre-activated pc from the supplier. Every supplier has one key and can activate unlimited computer with one key, so I need something that allows me to take oem-keys out of the balance.

Regards,

Tobias

I got it now.

The problem is that by default TNI implies that a key is a permission to install a software once. But that's just the default. If you expand the list of licenses for any software, you'll see that all the keys have "1" under "licenses". Double-click this number to change it.

It would be resonable to have an "infinity" option for unlimited keys, but for now you can simulate it by setting the licenses number to something big, like 9999. This seems to be the solution for you. We'll definitely think of a more convenient way to do this in the future.

• 5 months later...

Actually after this I realised that I could just set the detected OEM keys to their actual number.

i.e. I have 28 & 1 detected OEM keys.. so setting the actual license count to 28 for one line and 1 for the other balances it out.. It kind of makes sense because we "know" there are 29 oem licenses installed.

In our case there were another 9 machines which have oem licenses that were not picked up so setting another key up and calling it "OEM" and allocating it 9 licenses meant that we had our correct count.

post-5588-0-82608100-1329470382_thumb.jpg

Hi, local.host!

Yes, the 'wrong' behavior is actually expected. Negative balance does not get summed up with positive, but positive balance numbers do sum up. You didn't have any lacking keys, so you ended up with that "+1969" thing.

Setting the actual license count is indeed the best solution. It wasn't recommended earlier just because it's a lot of manual work in general case, when software gets installed and removed daily and all these numbers need to be updated. The "9999" solution was proposed as a workaround.