Windows 7 Security Warning

I am running windows 7 in my domain. I have tniaudir in the login.cmd script as

start \\192.168.0.3\TNITool\tniaudit.exe /scripted

but the file is NOT executed when I log on from a W7 machine.

If I try to run the file from the command line (to check it works) I get the Security Error message (attached)

How do I solve this please?

Most of our systems are migrating to W7 now.

Thanks

post-3890-127832417459_thumb.jpg

Hi Zak,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, my tni tool was dated from 2008. Replacing it, did remove the security error message. But a new error is happening. The tniaudit tool seems to reside on the memory, and not do anything.

It's currently about an hour since I logged.

attached several images.

Thanks

post-3890-127833876981_thumb.jpg

post-3890-12783387809_thumb.jpg

post-3890-127833879578_thumb.jpg

post-3890-127833880969_thumb.jpg

post-3890-127833882242_thumb.jpg

Try to run it manually without any parameters. It should ask for permission to start the scan and then report about generated results XML file in a couple of moments. If that runs fine, check the "tniaudit.ini" file that is located beside the "exe" file, particularly the "scandelay" parameter. Set it to zero ("scandelay=0") and save the file. Run again with "/scripted" and see the results.

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried to run it manually, and I got the question as you said: do I want to run it?

After confirming, I got a message that I will be notified when the tnitool finishes. However, again, it is stuck in memory, and not doing anything.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Saar

Does this happen with one computer only? Try to scan it remotely with the main program using the Scan Wizard, but before that change some options in "Options - Connection": set "Connection method" to "Agent-free connection" and uncheck the option "Try another method" (see attached screenshot). What will be the result?

Connection method.jpg

Does this happen with one computer only? Try to scan it remotely with the main program using the Scan Wizard, but before that change some options in "Options - Connection": set "Connection method" to "Agent-free connection" and uncheck the option "Try another method" (see attached screenshot). What will be the result?

Hi,

Using the 'Agent Free Method' I get the error: RPC Server unavailable.

Other W7 systems seems to work fine.

Please advise.

It is necessary to fix the issue with the RPC server to see what is the actual issue that prevents the scan from executing successfully. To fix the RPC issue, try to disable the firewall temporarily (if that does not help, follow our recommendations in the FAQ). Let us know what message you get after the RPC issue is solved.

On 7/14/2010 at 9:30 PM, Support said:

It is necessary to fix the issue with the RPC server to see what is the actual issue that prevents the scan from executing successfully. To fix the RPC issue, try to disable the firewall temporarily (if that does not help, follow our recommendations in the FAQ). Let us know what message you get after the RPC issue is solved.

Removing the firwall protection, the scan hangs from the server site (it says: Scanning(hardware)).

please advise.

In the program's options (on the Inventory tab) disable all categories and enable them one by one, and repeat the scan after enabling each of them (but do not enable "General information", start from "Process details" at once). Thus you will be able to find the erroneous category for this PC. Then enable all categories except the one you found and you will be able to scan this PC.

Additionally you can try to fix WMI on this PC by following the advice on this forum.