Why TNI is showing multiple Computer info?

Here are the scenarios to help you understand what exactly I am having...

Say..I have registered a new user(Computer DomainName: 123Apple) in the domain & installed 4 software applications. I have scanned using TNI & it showed the correct information fine.Six months later, when I have created another domain name(new Computer DomainName: 123Orange)for another new user on the same computer & installed 6 software applications, after scanning; TNI is showing both domain name computers information at the same time. That means 123Apple computer with 4 applications installed & also 123Orange computer with 6 applications.

Question_1: Since computer '123Apple' is not on the domain anymore then why TNI is still scanning & showing information old information?

Question_2: Is it because I haven't deleted the 123Apple from TNI?

Question_3: Is it possible for TNI to show the current information on current domain holding computer(123Orange)without deleting the old domain name computer(123Apple) which was registered with TNI before?

My Current TNI version: 1.6.7 (build 2750)

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Shaq

Hello Shaq,

Unfortunately I can't understand exactly what you mean. What do you mean by "Computer DomainName", "domain name computers", etc. You are mixing the terms and it's not clear.

What is "123Apple" and what is "123Orange"? Domains? Computers? Users?

You say "another new user on the same computer", and then you say that these are separate computers.

So I can answer your questions only in general.

Question_1: Since computer '123Apple' is not on the domain anymore then why TNI is still scanning & showing information old information?

It is not scanning it. It just holds the old information. Nothing is removed from database automatically, only new information is added.

Question_2: Is it because I haven't deleted the 123Apple from TNI?

Yes, if you have removed the computer physically, you need to delete its record from TNI.

Question_3: Is it possible for TNI to show the current information on current domain holding computer(123Orange)without deleting the old domain name computer(123Apple) which was registered with TNI before?

In general view you can see the information for only one computer at a time, so it's not a problem. When running the reports, you can select for which computers to run them by selecting them with checkboxes. Uncheck the computer that you don't want to include to the reports and that's all.

By physical removal I have meant that this particular computer was removed from your network (decommissioned, upgraded, substituted by a newer one, whatever). So by "old information" we understand a computer that no longer exists on the network. Thus if you don't need to store inventory information about such computer, then you should delete it's record from TNI (right click and select "Delete"). There is no other way. Or, as I have mentioned, you can choose to keep it, but don't include it to the reports by unchecking it and rebuilding the report (you can move it to a separate group for convenience).