Manual Scan - RPC Server is unavailable. Help Please

Hi folks. Trying out the software for network inventory purposes. I can't get the scan to work unless I remove the firewall from the client which isn't an option. I've done the following based on info in the FAQ but still receive "RPC Server Unavailable" when I scan.

- add ports 135, 139, 445

- enable wmi in firewall

- create gp change Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Network Connections -> Windows Firewall -> Domain Profile or Standard Profile -> Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception -> Action -> Properties -> Enabl

- run netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable

Server is sever 2008 R2 and clients are Windows 7 Ultimate. Please advise. Thanks.

Do you use domain group policy for firewall? Then you need to make these changes in that policy. Also run "gpupdate /force" on the clients to update the policy right now.

Also try to enable "File and Printer Sharing" in the firewall, then go to "Options - Connection", select "Auto-deployed agent method (SMB)" and uncheck the option "Try another method if selected fails".

Do you use domain group policy for firewall? Then you need to make these changes in that policy. Also run "gpupdate /force" on the clients to update the policy right now.

Also try to enable "File and Printer Sharing" in the firewall, then go to "Options - Connection", select "Auto-deployed agent method (SMB)" and uncheck the option "Try another method if selected fails".

Okay I've done the above except that I don't know where to go for " then go to "Options - Connection", select "Auto-deployed agent method (SMB)" and uncheck the option "Try another method if selected fails". " Please explain further. Yes these computers are controlled by group policy Server 2008 R2 server. Thanks.