Logon script not adjusting to new user profile

Hello,

I need assistance please!

I have a logon script set up on the network to capture user/machine data when users authenticate to the network.

It seems that my logon script is not capturing information for one of the users for some reason.

Here is the scenario:

This is an existing pc/laptop on the domain.

The previous user is no longer with the company and therefore no longer authenticates on this machine.

The problem comes in where the new employee has been set up with their own profile on that existing machine but tni script will not pick up the new user.

The script still picks up the pc/laptop with the previous user information showing that they have not authenticated since June of 2008.

Why is it NOT picking up the new user on this machine and showing us current authentication information?

Do I need to make a correction to my script or should it be dynamic?

Thanks in advance,

Marianne

First of all, check if the script is actually running for this new user. Generally you would need to specify the name of the script file in the new user profile properties in the AD.

Also, after the user logs in, refresh the audit tool folder and check the date of scan which is displayed in the program in "General information" category in "Last updated" field - is it showind today?

And what current authentication information do you mean - what category and what field do you need to be updated?

First of all, check if the script is actually running for this new user. Generally you would need to specify the name of the script file in the new user profile properties in the AD.

Also, after the user logs in, refresh the audit tool folder and check the date of scan which is displayed in the program in "General information" category in "Last updated" field - is it showind today?

And what current authentication information do you mean - what category and what field do you need to be updated?

The tni script runs from the server and should be capturing every machine/user when they authenticate to the domain.

This is a tni script only, not a group policy script.

I didn't have to do anything previously with any users in regards to my tni script file and the user's AD properties so I am unsure what you mean here.

We simply put the script out on the server and it is capturing the users as they authenticate to the domain with the exception of the newest user for some reason.

I check the tni data folder periodically in order to capture information. All of the other user's data is showing with a current "last updated" field with the exception of the new user on the existing machine.

The tni script is still capturing the machine and reporting the former user profile and reporting June 2008. The new user has been using this machine for several months now but the tni script is not capturing her profile logon to the network

The tni script runs from the server and should be capturing every machine/user when they authenticate to the domain.

Yes, as long as the script is specified to be run in the user properties or group properties.

This is a tni script only, not a group policy script.

What do you mean by "tni script" and how is it different from group policy script?

I didn't have to do anything previously with any users in regards to my tni script file and the user's AD properties so I am unsure what you mean here.

We simply put the script out on the server and it is capturing the users as they authenticate to the domain with the exception of the newest user for some reason.

Do you mean that with other new users there was no such issue? Or this is the first new user since you started to use TNI?

The script is of course should be available in the appropriate scripts folder, but it is also should be specified in the appropriate field in the user's or user group's properties. If the script is a property of group, and earlier you haven't to specify the script file name in the users properties, maybe you have just forgotten to add this user to a group?

I check the tni data folder periodically in order to capture information. All of the other user's data is showing with a current "last updated" field with the exception of the new user on the existing machine.

The tni script is still capturing the machine and reporting the former user profile and reporting June 2008. The new user has been using this machine for several months now but the tni script is not capturing her profile logon to the network

Anyway I haven't understood whether it's actually scanned or not. You say it is still capturing the machine, but if the "last updated" field shows June 2008, that it means that it does not - it's just an old snapshot that you see. Can you please send a screenshot of the program showing "General information" for this computer to support@softinventive.com? And possibly another screenshot showing what is not right with the information (profile logon)?