how to scan other network devices?

Trial version is not limited in detection of network devices. However it scans only devices which support SNMP v.1 with "public" community. It is not required to setup anything in the program, it scans SNMP-enabled deviced by default, when you use Scan Wizard or "Scan single computer" option.

Trial version is not limited in detection of network devices. However it scans only devices which support SNMP v.1 with "public" community. It is not required to setup anything in the program, it scans SNMP-enabled deviced by default, when you use Scan Wizard or "Scan single computer" option.

ok finally i managed to get it done after i re-install the TNI.

But i only can scan those network devices using the scan wizard, if i use scan single computer it not able to do so.

That is strange, as the program is able to do SNMP scan in both Scan Wizard and "Scan single computer". However, we will add more options in the next version which will allow to control if SNMP scan is made, and if computer scan is made, so it will be possible to do them both or separately.

• 2 months later...

That is strange, as the program is able to do SNMP scan in both Scan Wizard and "Scan single computer". However, we will add more options in the next version which will allow to control if SNMP scan is made, and if computer scan is made, so it will be possible to do them both or separately.

Is the next version going to have a feature to change SNMP "public" community to something else?

And when is this version coming out :)

• 2 months later...
Guest efdempsey
Yes, next version (probably this will be 1.7.0) will have such feature. We hope to release in the end of September.

I am currently evaluating the trial version. Is there a way or are there plans to provide a way to scan a list of computers from a text file instead of using the network places or IP range?