If I could request ONE improvement, here's what it would be...

• 2 months later...
I would like to see the scanning a bit faster...
We are working on scanning optimization.
And the ability to load a list of IP addresses to scan....
Will be possible soon, in one of the nearest updates.
And cheaper licenses...
Not likely. Though there are discounts for educational and non-profit organizations.
And less red lights in traffic...

And a better salary...

etc...

I wish it was in our competence :)

Two things off the top of my head I would like to see are:

1. Export database. Being the paranoid type that I am any time I make any changes I copy the Data folder onto another drive for backup as I run TNI locally not from the server. It would be nice if there was button or option under file to do that without having to manually go in and copy the folder.

2. More robust Find option. I use the custom information fields for a 150 employee firm and it would be great to do a find without having to 'build' the custom report first and scrolling through the list.

Terry,

1. Export database. Being the paranoid type that I am any time I make any changes I copy the Data folder onto another drive for backup as I run TNI locally not from the server. It would be nice if there was button or option under file to do that without having to manually go in and copy the folder.
Nice suggestion, thanks, we will work on this.
2. More robust Find option. I use the custom information fields for a 150 employee firm and it would be great to do a find without having to 'build' the custom report first and scrolling through the list.
This is something we have already thought about, however it should be understood that with current architecture search by custom criteria will not be faster than building a report for all computers, though possibly a bit more convenient.

Kris,

IE proxy settings

Outlook (express) email account info

Is this even possible?

Yes, I don't see anything impossible here. We should still look into IE settings, however Outlook and Outlook Express email extracting is almost implemented.
  • 2 months later...

Unless I have missed something, and I have not been using the program long, the one thing I would like to be able to do is to highlight a bunch of computers in the list to move into a group.

Having scanned a large batch of computers in one go I now need to sort them into groups (to basically match the AD Layout) to make it easier to find machines. At the moment the only way I can see to do it is to create the group and move each individual machine into it one at a time which could take sometime to comeplete.

Is there an easier way to do this or are there plans to add this feature in future versions.

Unless I have missed something, and I have not been using the program long, the one thing I would like to be able to do is to highlight a bunch of computers in the list to move into a group.

Is there an easier way to do this or are there plans to add this feature in future versions.

It's true, such possibility would much simplify the network tree management. We are currently working on this and it will be possible with either the nearest or the next program update.