RPC Server Error

I just located a 3rd cause to the dreaded RPC Server error. We are in the process of consolidating to a single Domain and our Wins and DNS setup was syncing every 8 days (instead of 8 hours).

So when we would ping a machine - we received an IP but it was invalid - we could ping from a machine within the same domain and get a correct IP.

What we learned is that our IP resolution issues matched up with our TNI RPC Error issues, we realized that we could get around this by scanning the IP rather than scanning the name.

This has nothing to do with TNI, the machine setup or account access, but the RPC Server error helped us identify the source of problem as a WINS/DNS IP error.

• 4 months later...
I just located a 3rd cause to the dreaded RPC Server error. We are in the process of consolidating to a single Domain and our Wins and DNS setup was syncing every 8 days (instead of 8 hours).

So when we would ping a machine - we received an IP but it was invalid - we could ping from a machine within the same domain and get a correct IP.

What we learned is that our IP resolution issues matched up with our TNI RPC Error issues, we realized that we could get around this by scanning the IP rather than scanning the name.

This has nothing to do with TNI, the machine setup or account access, but the RPC Server error helped us identify the source of problem as a WINS/DNS IP error.

Yes, this was our problem as well. I tried using the name or scanning through the Active Directory, but that error would pop up. I used the IP address and it did resolve our issue as well. Thanks! Is there a way to get the FAQ updated with this information as well?