The path to the folder containing network scan data files is relative. Don't know where it is really located.

Really, default path is relative to the program's executable location. If you have installed the program to "C:\Program Files\Total Network Inventory" and data storage path is "Data", then it's actually located in "C:\Program Files\Total Network Inventory\Data". You can set another path in Options if you'd like to.

I'm sorry, I have mixed up something (I thought it were your own words and not the error text). This error concerns the path under "Audit agent" options. Obviously, you have the option "Load new and updated files at each startup" on this page enabled, and the path specified there is relative. It passes the test because that folder could actually exist, but it was not intended that audit tool folder will reside in the program's installation directory, thus it refuses to get there during actual update. So to remove this error, you would need to set this path to be absolute (starting with "\\" or "X:", where X is your drive letter).