Report Building based on Installed Software

Hello,

I have been trying but cannot find a way to generate a report that will show a list of computers that have a specific piece of software installed.

I can run a report which will show each computer with all installed software but that is not helping.

I have run the list of installed software and can right click and export the list of pc's to excel but is there a way to automate this and have the report builder report on software instead of on each machine.

Thanks in advance.

Marianne

Marianne,

I don't have the answer, because I'm a user like you, but I would love to have that reporting feature as well. I would like a list of all PC's on my network that have Office Pro 2003 installed, (not all the other software applications, just the ones I choose) for example.

Any developers at Softinventive interested in creating those type of reports?

Thanks for the product you have brought to us,

Will

Marianne said:
Hello,

I have been trying but cannot find a way to generate a report that will show a list of computers that have a specific piece of software installed.

I can run a report which will show each computer with all installed software but that is not helping.

I have run the list of installed software and can right click and export the list of pc's to excel but is there a way to automate this and have the report builder report on software instead of on each machine.

Thanks in advance.

Marianne

There is no separate report for this purpose in the current version, but nevertheless there is a possibility to get a list of computers which have specific software installed. For that, run a report from main menu: "Reports - Tabular reports - Software and licenses" or (which is the same) "Tools - Software accounting - 'Run software report' button". In this tabular report you right-click the necessary software title and you will see two options: "Show computers which have this software installed" (in a message box) and "Copy computers which have this software installed" (directly to clipboard).

In the nearest release two more options will be available, to show and copy the list of computers which DON'T have particular software installed (could be useful sometimes also).