Computer model name instead of model number?

Hello,

I have laptops in my inventory and when I watching hardware summary, unfortunately TNI not showing model name - just model number. For example - laptop Lenovo T440 - TNI shows just Lenovo 20B7008VMC.

When I try get model name via WMIC, command works normally. 

Can I set up something inside TNI to show model name properly? 

Best regards

Hello,

Normally the model name should be displayed among the other fields when the System details category is selected on the Viewer & reports tab. Please check if the model is present there.

If it's not, try enabling the full low-level hardware scanning in Options - Scanner. Then rescan the laptop. Let us know the result.

Hi,

on the Viewer Reports tab is "just" model number even after changing to low-level hardware scanning. I tested request from cmd on local host and remote host via WMIC and both return correct model name so seems there is no problem with credentials. Any ideas?

Thanks

We need more information to analyze this problem.

Please send us a debug scan result of this laptop at support@softinventive.com For this, open the program Options while holding down the Alt key and enable the option "Debug mode" on the "Scanner" page. Then rescan the laptop. Right-click it in the network tree and choose "Show in Explorer". Send us the INV file that will be highlighted in the Explorer window. After that, you can disable the debug mode.