Hello, just a few quick questions

Hello,

I've been searching for software that could give me such functionality, that yours offer.

But there are some things that i want to ask before trying it:

Your scanning method, does it makes printers to spew out pages with strange symbols, because from my experience so far, alot of other solutions that i tried did that.

I guess its because they scan using nmap and/or they aren't excluding ports 9100:9107 ?!

Other thing i want to know is, can i get detailed hardware information nevermind the operating systems, having in mind that most of the devices are with Windows, but vary from XP PRO to 8.1 PRO.

By detailed information i mean something like, Motherboard version s/n if possible, current model, bios version and such. Is there a limitation to what devices i can gather ?

How much traffic does your scan accumulate ( like what bandwith does it require for lets say 250 devices) and what kind of hardware your software requires to run smoothly.

Hello!

Your scanning method, does it makes printers to spew out pages with strange symbols, because from my experience so far, alot of other solutions that i tried did that.

I guess its because they scan using nmap and/or they aren't excluding ports 9100:9107 ?!

This problem won’t happen on default scanning settings in Total Network Inventory. By default, only 3-4 ports that are necessary for the scan are checked by the program (445,139,135 and 22 if SSH login is specified). There is also an option to check 10 most frequently open ports, and still it will not affect printers. It is only possible to cause this problem if you install TNI with Nmap and enable the Nmap-based check of 500 most frequently open ports. Though the default Nmap option is still to check 3-4 required ports.

Other thing i want to know is, can i get detailed hardware information nevermind the operating systems, having in mind that most of the devices are with Windows, but vary from XP PRO to 8.1 PRO.

By detailed information i mean something like, Motherboard version s/n if possible, current model, bios version and such. Is there a limitation to what devices i can gather ?

The program collects all available detailed information on hardware, software and additional information like user accounts, processes, services etc. You can find more information on this subject here:
https://docs.softinventive.com/tni/collected-information/

Motherboard serial numbers and system serial numbers (service tags) are collected where available, which is usually true for branded systems.

How much traffic does your scan accumulate ( like what bandwith does it require for lets say 250 devices) and what kind of hardware your software requires to run smoothly.

The traffic generated depends on the scanning method. If scanning via SMB protocol is performed, it will be about 1.8 MB uploaded onto each remote computer and 0.05-0.1 MB received back. You can find more information on this subject here:
https://docs.softinventive.com/tni/techpaper/scanning-microsoft-windows-assets/#Scanning-overhead

The minimal system requirements of the admin unit are 1 GHz CPU, 512 Mb RAM, Windows 2000 or higher.