Scan aborted after hanging on 35% hardware scan

Hi,

When scanning a wide range of IPs, I saw that some servers (even after 2-3 TNI3 updates this is still happening) are hanging on hardware scanning at 35%. After a timout, TNI3 stops the scan on them and show it as "Interrupted".

Any idea why this is happening ?

4 servers are on Windows 2k8 R2

1 server is on Windows 2k3 R2

All other servers are correctly beeing scanned with a mix of Windows 2k3,2k8,2k12.

Thank you

[Edit] Just updated to latest version of today, but still the same issue [/Edit]

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I am scanning 40-50 computers all running windows xp. about 1/4 of them are able to scan successfully and the rest all hang up at 65%. when the scan is finished the results show nothing to scan and all show interrupted. the version I am running is 3.1.6

why is this happening?

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I am scanning 40-50 computers all running windows xp. about 1/4 of them are able to scan successfully and the rest all hang up at 65%. when the scan is finished the results show nothing to scan and all show interrupted. the version I am running is 3.1.6

why is this happening?

it stays on 65% scanning software

can you be more specific and clear on your help?  What are the steps that I need to take? From step 1 to the final step. Much appreciated.

The help provided in your link seems like it's missing more information on providing detailed steps, needs to be as simple and fully explained as possible. Also your help manual that you offer should be more specific and detailed on how to walk you through step-by-step to make things clear for users. Greatly appreciate it

No problem. Here is the step-by-step instruction:

1. Go to your TNI installation directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Total Network Inventory 3") and find the tniwinagent.exe file
2. Copy this file to any computer that cannot be scanned successfully.
3. Open the folder containing the tniwinagent.exe file on the remote computer. Right-click an empty space while holding down the Shift key and select “Open command window here”.
4. Execute the following command:
tniwinagent.exe /debug
5. Wait until the process stops or until new records stop appearing in the tniwinagent.log file, then send us the log file generated in the same folder (support@softinventive.com).